Thursday, December 23, 2010

Google Power

This morning I am thinking about all of the power that is available to everyone on the web who has access to Google and all of the software that Google offers to users. The range of ideas that are expressed in those softwares is mind boggling. The real question is will anyone use it.

Use depends on courage. Especially for someone my age. You just have to dive in and be willing to look silly from time to time. I hope that I will be able to tweet and blog my exploration of these tools and share the path with all of you. We shall see.

What really scares me however, is the storm I may face from my colleagues in school who have now been introduced to all of these tools and power. Everyone will want trainning in all of these tools. I will show people how to start exploring the software but I will not be able to train them is how to use it. What they use it for is up to them.

What I will give people is encouragement to explore and trust their own imagination. I do not know what to use these tools for because I have never used them before. What I do know is that they extend my power in ways that I have not even imagined yet because they extend my power of communication.  Communication, as we all know, is the essence of teaching, Go Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment